Monday, September 3, 2012

Midnight Black Bean Brownies!



I did make these the other night and they were good. Even my husband got up in the middle of the night and had seconds! Hahahah. I had them with fresh sliced strawberries.
I decided to go without the frosting :)


Ingredients
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup agave syrup
1/2 cup self-rising flour  I used almond flour
1/2 cup egg whites
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 tbsp  vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
6 tbsp dark chocolate chips (60%+ is best)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 8x8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a food processor, mix all brownie ingredients (except chips) together. Chop on high, until smooth. Clean off sides and blend for another 20 seconds. Add the chips and stir well. Spread into the 8x8 baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for about 1 hour at room temperature.


No comments:

Post a Comment