Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Jeremiah Xavier Glasenapp Interview You Have Been Anticipating!





Jeremiah Glasenapp has been an iconic figure in the fitness industry for over 20 years. Jeremiah has pioneered the personal training and fitness competition path here in Idaho as a coach and gym owner. I sat down with Jeremiah to pick his brain about fitness, competing and general healthy living.
Jeremiah and his team at Fit Physique continue to set the standard in fitness performance and competition.


Name: Jeremiah Xavier Glasenapp
Age: 40
Education/Certification: Attended UTD (kinesiology) then got my PFS at the Cooper Institute. NASM, ISSA, and IPFA
Location: Boise ID.
Contact Info: flex7787@mac.com ... 208 629-9697
Number Of Clients: 60 +
Rates: Vary depending on what client needs



LC: When and why did you become a trainer?
JXG - I picked up my first muscle magazine in the summer of 1986 and was hooked. I read that magazine from cover to cover and absorbed the info like a sponge.  that Christmas i asked for a weight set and received the concrete set wrapped in plastic. Im sure every other kid in America received the same one from Kmart back in the 80’s lol
I worked out like a mad man every day after school and slowly started to see results.  I competed in my first bodybuilding contest in a year later and took a top 3.  The next year I came back and won Mr. Teenage Texas in 1988. Ive competed in 15 bodybuilding shows over the years from 1987 through 1999.  My crowning achievement was winning the super heavy weight class at the 99 NPC Mr. Southwest USA in Dallas.
I was approached by a woman that owned her own personal training company in side of a Golds gym in Dallas in 1994.  She said she had been watching me workout and liked my form.  She asked if I would be interested in training a few of her guy clients and the rest is history....
LC: how did you make the transition from competitor to coach?
JXG - I started coaching my first competitors back in the late 80’s. people saw my passion for the sport and knew I was a wealth of knowledge and I would just help friends for free cause I wanted to see what I could do with them physique wise.  To me there is nothing more incredible then to see a person transform their body with hard work.
It may sound silly but I like to think of myself as an artist. I can take a person even if they are outta shape and envision how i’m gonna sculpt them like a hunk of clay into a beautiful aesthetic master piece.  I think this is my gift from above...
I have also been a certified judge for bodybuilding, figure, and bikini over the years and have Head judged over 10 shows of the last 10 years...   So its pretty safe to say I know what to look for as a judge and how to help people look their best on and off stage...
Im proud to say I have trained and coached over 200 athletes for Bodybuilding, Figure, Fitness, and Bikini.  Our TEAM FIT PHYSIQUE has had too many to count 1st places along with a lot of overall wins and even a few Pro Cards in various organizations.  My 2013 Team goal is help a client receive their IFBB pro card.... 

LC: How do you keep your clients motivated?
JXG - It's easy to motivate a client when they are sitting on a bench right in front of you, but the real challenge for a trainer is to have that motivation exist even when you are not around.
I tell my client that motivation is all around them. It's in a simple memory. It's in a picture. It's in that pair of jeans you want to fit into. It's in a song. It's up to them to find it. Compassion and communication. Compassion for those you are working with creates a stronger passion for your job and good communication is the only way success can be achieved.
I honestly believe why I am so busy and in demand as a personal trainer is because I make working out fun for my clients.  I love to make then laugh and I make them feel good about themselves.....  
LC: Rumor has it that you have trained a few celebrities over the years? Can I ask who famous you have trained?
JXG - Wow, looks like you have done your research on me huh? In the mid 90’s i managed a GNC vitamin store in Las Colinas Texas.  A very upscale suburb of Dallas. Right next to the shopping center is the Four Seasons Resort ( home of the PDGA TPC @ Las Colinas golf tournament.  A lot of celebrities stay at the resort and they have a huge state of the art fitness facility there.  I was a great friend of the manager there and was brought in to train a few of his special guests.
I have trained Tiger Woods, Sandra Bullock, Tom Hanks, Troy Aikman, and Herschel Walker of the Dallas Cowboys to name a few. A lot of A list client make you sign confidentiality waiver’s so you cant disclose their names..... One of my favorite A listers I have trained was a former Batman and he may of been in the movie Top Gun......
LC: Do you feel as much like a psychologist as you do a personal trainer?
JXG - You can't help but become a huge part of your client's life when training them one on one. It's a very personal thing, to train someone. The client is telling you they are ready to be vulnerable and they trust you enough to help change their life. The mind and body work together so by the 4th week of training, or sooner, they are telling you everything.
Something you just have to laugh off, but some of the issues they come to you with have substance and need to be dealt with. That's when we, as trainers have to be even more understanding and compassionate towards the client. When you've done this for almost twenty years you get pretty good at giving advice and problem solving for your clients.
Weight loss is a very emotional journey so you must be able to stretch your training skills past the physical results.
LC: Jeremiah, thank you very much for spending time with me and doing this interview with me.  How can People get ahold of you if they want to possible train with you or be on your Team Fit Physique?
JXG - Thank you Lady Coats for giving me an opportunity to tell people about myself and what I do.  I do want people to know that I do train every day people that have goals of fat loss, muscle gain or just being healthy as well as physique athletes.  I get asked all the time if I train “regular people too”   lol, of course I do and that is 80% of my clientele..

No comments:

Post a Comment