Tuesday, May 15, 2012

You have the choice

hey guys,
 
  So,  have had a small breakthrough in my way of thinking and processing daily life issues. I have always been pretty "type A" and a person who likes to be in control. I typically handle confrontations, other peoples issues or drama personally. I invest a lot of emotion into what I am dealing with and it tends to weigh heavy and become toxic, creating an energy inside me that is anxious, angry and/or left feeling helpless. Some of these issues come from work, friends, family, chores...whatever. I find myself subconsciously thinking about ways to "fix" these issues, when the issues aren't mine to fix in the first place.
 
Anyways, when I was in Hawaii with my parents, we would have our tea/coffee out on their patio and just talk about ways to "let it go". Included in those conversations are a couple of books I am reading. I will let you know which ones they are the further I get into them, but this is what I am learning...
 
It is definitely a paradigm shift in learning to let it go. We are faced with so many choices, negativity, chaos and let downs every day. Some greater than others. What we need to learn is how to refuse the "gift" of anger or fear from others. It is not our burden to carry. We can offer love and support, but don't OWN the emotion that is someone else's. As far as anxieties go about having to get something done, or waiting for someone or something to "come through", let it go. Do what you CAN do in this moment and let the rest unfold as it will. We cannot dictate the future, so why dwell on it. Stop living in the past and stop living in the "what-if's" of the future. Focus on this moment right now.
  Now, don't get me wrong, it's okay to plan and be organized, but at what point does it become excessive and distracting?! Chill out. Go with the flow and stop overwhelming yourself.

So thats my bit of advice for this morning...
Try this today: When you feel tense or overwhelmed today, take a moment to excuse yourself from whatever you are doing and just shut ur eyes for a minute... take 5 super deep breaths in through your nose and out through your mouth. Only focus on the sensation of the breath and the sounds of the breath and nothing else... You will feel better!
 Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Please never stop blogging. I look forward to reading and watching eveything you do. It is inspiring and educational all at the same time.
    I can't wait to see what you are going to be doing next. You are a gift to us all. Mahalo !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed this right now. What a sign from God... I too tend to worry and focus too much on things that I shouldn't own or cannot carry because simply it is not my cross. I want to learn within my own emotions and live for today. For tomorrow has enough troubles of their own. I truly enjoy your blog and am enjoying the motivation/ inspiration as I get back into the gym and ready to get ripped. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome! yeah, we tend to bear other peoples burdens too much. we have to learn that sometimes it's not all about "us". I'm stoked you're heading to the gym! keep at it!

      Delete