Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Letting it Go.. Patience in a world of distraction.

So, I find it important to throw in refreshers to my blog every once in awhile. A little raw emotion here.

In the last week, I have had a couple of situations arise that really got my blood boiling.
10 years ago, the old me would have been ready to knock someone's block off... As I'm getting older, I am learning HOW to let stupid things, judgements and rude comments go.

IT IS WORK. I am a very hot blooded italian woman, but I am on a mission, along with healthy living etc. to have a healthy MIND.

I am so grateful for my health, my marriage, and all of the healthy relationships that have come into my life. The opportunities that have come my way seem endless, and I NEVER take them for granted.

It's amazing how quickly your emotions can be affected negatively when a friend goes astray for no reason, someone talks bad about you, looks at you wrong, or is just rude in general. My first instinct is to get hot headed and want to fight verbally or maybe physically. However, I have learned that you cannot control what peoples opinions are, what peoples prejudices or insecurities are. I KNOW that I am 100% on my right path for my life, I act true to character at all times, and I am not too proud or full of myself to have compassion for others.

I am learning that when I react with aggravation in response to things I cannot control, I am hurting myself and my psyche with unnecessary stress and anxiety. It is a very hard thing to put yourself in the mindset to "brush it off", but if you keep in mind that YOU are the best version of yourself, nobody can touch you.

I imagine that this will be a lifelong journey, and at times, I may react with more rage or at times with more compassion, but the idea and goal is to arrive at a more peaceful place. I have so much GOOD in my life, that I cannot allow a distraction of BAD.

Here's hoping that you may find more peace of mind.

Fondly,

            Lady Coats

g'night




3 comments: