Sunday, June 10, 2012

Post UFC Trip wrap up.

Hey all.
  So I have been M.I.A. since last week bcuz I traveled to Florida to support Mike Pyle and my husband Mitch (BJJ coach) at UFC . I brought my buddy Summer and met up with a few more peeps down there. The flight out to Florida started at the butt crack of dawn last Thursday and was a pleasant jaunt down there...Until, I found out Southwest LOST my bag! AAAHHHH.

  After a great Italian dinner at "Villagio" at the Sawgrass Mill Mall, and a glass of red wine, my bag was delivered to the hotel that night! Hallelujah.
  Any-who. So the next morning we all had a nice lil breakfast at Grand Lux Cafe and sat across the room from Demetrious Johnson. We all stayed at the Hilton along with all the fighters and coaches, so I got to see some familiar faces! Gave my bud Ian McCall from high school a hug and met his lady Shay.

The night of the event was like no other. We had insane seats (9 rows up from floor) and had a blast. It is a difference experience when you are actually THERE smelling it, feeling it and seeing the craziness! Mike won his fight by knock out and received knock out of the night! We were all screaming like wild ones! After the fight, we were chauffeured up to the press conference and got to sit in on it. Dana White was at the podium along with the main card fighters. Cool experience! (and they had good food too!)  Did a little after party at the hotel lobby and found ourselves at Denny's at 2:30am...OMG. 'nuff said.

Next day, we were taken to Miami Heat player Mike Millers house by Mike Pyle's manager. Great opportunity. I have never met such a humble and welcoming family in all my life. Mrs. Miller and her staff were exceptionally accommodating and opened up her home to us to whatever our hearts desired. It was insane! Here we were watching the Miami Heat NBA game at the Miller's residence, on their reclining couch! hahah. too cool. And yes, we were invited back! :)

Last day, slept in and killed some time so the hubby could hit the gym. Lady Summer and I sped walked through the mall and then went and picked him up... A plane ride later, and here I am in the Denver airport with one last leg into Boise!

A HUGE thank you to the PYLE"s for their generosity and the opportunities they have blessed my husband with! We love you, congrats and see you soon in VEGAS! BAM





No comments:

Post a Comment